Position: Finance and Admin Assistant
Duration: 8 Months
Provides administrative and finance support and responsible for performing and completing administrative and financial management support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner.
Objective 1: Manage the financial operations of the project office.
• Carry out all the payments for both cash and operational Bank account.
• Daily record all the Cash & bank account expenses in excel sheet according to NAZ standards of Chart of accounts, project code, Contract, and financial line and the third-party codes.
• Ensure uniformity between the physical cash and bank statements as well as the Excel cash & bank book on a daily/ monthly basis.
• Prepare cash count & bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
• Ensure bank statements & cashbooks are closed, reconciled & sent to the capital office monthly together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts.
• Ensure that all the administrative documents are copied before sending the originals to the Capital office.
• Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the NAZ’s procedures (invoice accurate and signed)
• Verify the accuracy of and pay invoices for purchases.
• Process the monthly statutory payments and tax as required.
Objective 2: Compliance with the purchase procedure
• Ensure that any purchase respect NAZ procurement procedure.
• Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure.
Objective 3: Budget maintenance, Cash Forecast and Cash Flow
• Assist Finance Officer and Accountant in project BFU meeting.
• Prepare the Bi-weekly cash transfer request for the Project.
• Ensure that the cash box/bank and the safe maintain the minimum-security amount.
• Contribute to the elaboration of budget/reports / financial analysis when required or requested by the Accountant.
Objective 4: Filling and record keeping
• Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in the finance department
• Verify & cross-check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per NAZ Archiving guidelines.
• Archive financial files as per NAZ archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send original to the capital monthly.
• Ensure that all staff submits the timesheets monthly before the 5th of every month.
• Track and share leave application with the Harare office.
Objective 5: Travel expenses and stores management.
• Provide timely requests for supplies required monthly.
• Follow up with HR/Admin Officer to ensure timely receipt of supplies and make such an arrangement that the supplies are always available.
• Arrange accommodation and hotels based upon approved travel requests.
• Make payment voucher for processing of hotel payments etc
B.Sc. in Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance, or related field; or similar higher degree a plus
Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics
• Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
• Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
• Champion of NAZ Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
Previous INGO experience
Experience with donor-funded programs
Experience supervising others
Position: MEAL and Strategic Information Officer
Location: Masvingo Province
The MEAL and SI officer will provide support to the Programs Team in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project by managing data and facilitating programme implementation at district level, under direct supervision of the resident Field Supervisor and with technical guidance from MEAL and SI Manager.
1. Ensures planning and implementation of the projects, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects:
• Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation.
• Ensure that log frame performance and impact indicators are defined and are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound).
• Develop measurement methods and identify data sources for project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective project component teams.
• Provide quality assurance through the development and implementation of an M&E Operations and Reporting Manual for the project.
• Ensure that the purpose of the M&E Operating Manual is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
• Assist with the development of a consolidated monthly reporting system and format for project staff, with designated sections for each project component.
• Assist in the conduct of project baseline and progress surveys (appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods and data collection procedures, data verification though, periodic site visits, where appropriate provide or facilitate necessary training).
• Support the team members and project partners in the development of critical learning events, which will provide the opportunity to examine issues that arise during project implementation. These events aim to provide the team with critical information to enable them to make decisions in relation to their respective components and the project as a whole.
• Prepare annual work plans and associated budgets for M&E related activities at base level.
2. Ensure proper monitoring and reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Draft regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports.
• Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at field levels;
• Present and analyse data based on information needs of project team and partners to ensure proper monitoring and reporting of the project M/E system.
• Compile and consolidate project component reports monthly/quarterly/bi-annually.
• Assist in compilation of quarterly monitoring reports/QMR and bi-annual report.
• Assist in drafting of quarterly, annual and other reports required by NAZ and/or donor.
• Ensure that project data are entered and updated on a timely basis.
• Update data for press releases and pages for project webpages, as needed.
• Keep archive of human-interest stories (most significant change).
• Prepare regular progress reports on activities undertaken, results achieved against targets and plan for follow up actions.
• Ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
• Provide capacity development support to project staff, including government partners.
• Assist the project reviews and evaluations.
3. Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provide support to improve quarterly report and newsletter, capturing stories from the field and/or other stakeholder;
• Facilitate capacity building & contribute for development of the knowledge management system
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
4. Strategic Information support, Data Analysis, Reporting and Utilization
• Provide technical and advisory services around programme data at district level
• Lead the development and updating M & E related SOPs and Guidelines.
• Provide Technical support to staff in conducting research and impact studies, surveys and evaluation of project activities.
• Focus on medium term strategies involving complex analytical tasks in liaison with MEAL and SI Manager
• Coordinate multiple parallel pathways to achieving overall program goals
• Influences and contribute to the development of a Business strategy for all NAZ programmes
• Support the annual Operational and tactical planning process
• Manage department costs against approved budget at district level
• Responsible for accurately forecasting/ projecting programme results
• Responsible for Data storage and retrieval for audit purposes
• Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
• Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis
• Analyzing large complex datasets. Use modern data science tools, techniques, and best practices including data cleaning, statistical analysis to summarise and visualise data.
• Help identify and create performance insights.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
• Bachelor’s Degree (development field, IT, Data Analystics or Statistics)
• Technical Training qualifications desired: Basic M&E skills, Data Analysis and visualization.
• Experience: 1-2 years of experience in data management.
• M&E 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Humanitarian context experience.
• Knowledge of Nutrition and Food Security Interventions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in cash transfer project an added advantage
• Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staff.
• Good command of English (written and verbal).
NAZ does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
How to apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to email@example.com by 28TH of January 2023 COD.
2. Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.
3. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted